CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest, BelgiumMarketing
What’s the opportunity?
As a rapidly growing Fintech & HRtech company, we are seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to scale our strategic marketing efforts. As Chief Marketing Officer, you will design, implement, and monitor impactful marketing strategies that align with our business goals. You will strive to ensure that the activities of the marketing department directly contribute to the company’s long-term success. You will oversee the company’s digital footprint (web, social networks), community & partners relations, demand generation activities (growth), (e-) marketing campaigns, and special events. Yet, you will excel in product marketing; crafting the sales narratives, understanding the customer journey, lifting the current go-to-market plans, and evaluating product market fit for new innovative services.
What will I be doing?
You will collaborate directly with our CEO and take full ownership of our online presence, customer acquisition programs and product marketing. To be successful, you will already have experience building and running personalized inbound/outbound marketing campaigns to drive consistent sales revenue growth, scaling up product narratives and implementing a customer-centric marketing approach. You’ll collaborate very closely with the Sales and Product/Innovation department in order to create a close to perfection product-market fit. You will craft our marketing positioning and demand creation for 4 personas: the employer, its employees, the affiliated merchant & advertisers, our indirect partners (e.g. social secretaries and accounting firms). You will define campaign & plans serving our three market segments (very small-, small to medium-, large companies)
Example work in this role:
- Create and supervise the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new products & features. You will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. You will promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- Develop compelling value propositions that drive distinct competitive advantages for selling new and existing products as well as expanding utilization within the existing client base, in collaboration with the sales department
- Create and implement innovative multi-channel acquisition strategies & campaigns via strong collaboration with product, sales, and technical teams
- Establish a powerful marketing funnel and ensuring leads are qualified when entering the sales pipeline, with a strong data driven approach
- Develop our sales/ marketing roadmap (in collaboration with the head of sales) to align marketing and sales and to generate the best leads, keep them engaged, and connect with them at the right time to close more deals
- Master’s degree a plus + years successful experience in marketing or communications, overseeing brand strategy and creative deliverables, with positions of increasing responsibility and accountability in a goal-oriented setting
- Significant experience in (digital) marketing leadership roles, including experience scaling a growing team, supporting C-level executives, and driving company-wide marketing strategies in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Track record of being responsible for an annual budget with excellent performance metrics, driving compelling,creative and financially sound campaigns across digital channels
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup / scale-up culture; subtle decision-maker with the ability to reorient teams and drive execution cross-functionally when priorities change or are ambiguous, you value developing your team skills and personal development.
- A natural capacity to anticipate and balance internal and external stakeholders ‘s needs
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills; a natural storyteller and creative problem solver; native in both digital and physical worlds; a collaborator with a constant curiosity and a learning mentality who likes to execute on the tactics as much as setting the strategy
- A passion for radical innovation and a deep understanding of tomorrow’s groundbreaking technologies, innovation trends, and consumer needs
- Intrinsic drive to roll-up your sleeves and get things done; a self-starter, productive working independently and collaboratively
- Fluent in Dutch, French and English