CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER - CTO
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY ?
Monizze is a rapidly growing fintech company, with a great entrepreneurship culture and a digital “scale-up” spirit.
Due to our constant growth, we are seeking a talented Chief Technological Officer to run our IT department
The IT department is at the heart of Monizze's activity and development. In this respect, CTO's position is strategic.
You take all the executive decisions and are responsible for outlining the company's technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company's business needs.
Yes, it’s correct. It’s a bloody responsibility.
You take the responsibility for all technology systems, processes, software design and development within the company. As Monizze is about to grow (x 2) over 3-5 years, you need to accompany this growth: develop our solutions, our team! Sourcing of critical resources will be a daily challenge!
Design IT vision and strategy
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals and matching with the development of Monizze as a Fintech
- Manage our key IT suppliers; evaluate new ways of operating maximising service quality and cost control
- Ensure that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Manage the technology budget and ensure alignment of technology with vision and strategy of the company. Thinks strategic, communicate effectively and act as an expert in technological development
- Report directly to the CEO
Projects and IT operations
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services
- Maintain a client-focused outlook and ensure delivering of IT projects to market. You are part of mixed team (squad and centuries)
- Manage technology budgets and time frames,
- Guarantee the right functioning of the developer’s team; make amendments to roles, responsibilities and processes where needed in an agile context
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Work closely with Marketing, Product Development and Customer Care to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Stay on top of technology trends and development
- Monitor new technology trends, inspire and figure out how Monizze can benefit from it e.g. AI, DL, Block chain, or EAI, new development technology (alternative to our php environment)
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Ensure technologies and system infrastructure are used efficiently, profitably and securely, as Monizze issues hundreds of millions of euro each year
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
Team management and performance
- Act as a mentor to team members ; animate the spirit and positive emotions; unleash passion in your team and with all other departments
- Develop the employees' skills, according to business needs, objectives and professional development
- Carry out progress interviews, identify and prioritize training needs. And monitor the implementation of the corresponding training actions
- Create / foster the right mind set instrumental to delivering excellence
- Fit with Monizze values of excellence, commitment and mutual aid
- Improve Development Productivity and Efficiency
- Hiring of 5-15 resources over time
- Increase sprint productivity (30%)
- Figure out potential near shore partnership
- Decrease bug fixes
- Improve business Autonomy
- Decrease monthly custom reporting
- Make business autonomous w/ metabase
- Improve Data Quality
- For our merchant persona
- Evaluate and chose EAI tool
- Increase business Performance
- Decrease reported data quality requests by 30%
- Add Test Conditions framework on DB
- Improve IT Security (2021)
- Implement Office Network upgrade project
- Implement 2FA for all company systems
- Complete one Security Risk Assessment in 2021
THE PERFECT MATCH
You fit within an entrepreneurship culture, a digital and innovation oriented scale-up with strong values : excellence, mutual aid and engagement !
- you innovate, you dare, and you are obsessed by Client eXperience & simplicity
- Team play is natural and you spontaneously offer mutual aid
- You have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- You demonstrate a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a technological role, with experience in a management position
- With advanced technological skills you also demonstrate history with technology, in role such a senior developer, architect
- Strategic thinker, you are familiar with a variety of business concepts
- You have excellent team management and leadership skills
- Good communicator, you also have verbal and written communication qualities
- You are a guru that loves to speak in public
WHY JOINING US ?
Monizze is constantly growing and innovating, you will find a challenging atmosphere with a familial environment. Work hard, play hard! The Monizzers are committed to achieving their goals and celebrating their victories. We fundamentally believe in people and invest in their development.